Thursday, December 24, 2009

PAPAYAS ARE GOOD FOR YOU...

....AND THEY'RE FUN TO PAINT. This still life was set up by Jim Salem for one of his weekly classes. For all of you in snowier-than-Key-West locations, you will be disappointed to learn

that the class is held in the outdoor Tiki Bar at the marina near us. Each week Jim sets up a bunch of still lifes there which the students tackle (and eat!) after a demonstration session. It's all followed by a critique. Good cheap fun!

About this painting. Maggie Ruley gifted me with a bunch of her old linen canvas. I cleaned and ironed it and in this case 'glued' it to a scratched 16 X 20 acrylic panel. I used acrylic medium to bond it to that surface. I went 'green,'huh?

CLICK on the title to view the painting on my website.

3 comments:

  1. Estupenda pintura me gusta mucho, voy hacerme seguidor de su blog.
    Wonderful painting I like it a lot I am going to follow your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your semi abstract style in this piece. Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete