Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sun; II

I wanted to share the line qualities of the monoprint textures a dashed off the painting panel yesterday. This was an effort to remove excess paint from a still-too-wet panel and a painting start I had decided to 'wipe out.'


I have lots of good acid-free Strathmore Bristol scraps in my flat files. I placed these pieces onto the damp panel surface and just drew lines or squiggles on them. One of these is the monoprint that introduces linear rays around the sun face. Just lift them off carefully for interesting textures and inspirations for collage or other paper projects.

Do you see those color blocks? That's acrylic over/ under (after/ before) the monoprint process.I am relying on the water/ oil antipathy to keep them separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment