Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sun; I

This is the first few stages of a sun painting on a Raymar panel- 11 X 14.


My latest oil medium mix is too slow drying. So, to make lemonade out of lemons, I scraped down the damp painting to remove the previous brushwork. This made the blue gray background. I removed some of the alkyd paint by transfering via monoprint designs onto good art papers. I'll use these in collages later. The linear rays in the photo below are a result of this transferance.

Scraped the panel again (I use an obsolete credit card) and lifted out the lighter areas of thecomposition with a clean flat brush and turps'.


Now that the composition is set and a few darks put in, I'll post this painting's progress and show some of the monoprint stuff, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment