Wednesday, May 25, 2011

USE IT UP...


USING UP...
the gold-flecked tissues that support
sheets of 23 carat gold leaf.

USING UP....
my acrylics from the palette. I mixed them in a cup
with some flow medium and
painted dozens of 
abstract 'leaf' forms to dry over night.
Then I flipped 'em over and
painted the reverse with pale acrylic washes
from the next-day's palette.

Here's a close-up of one:


They can be arranged as background collage elements
on paper or panel with gel medium. 
Remember: they're acrylic and won't run.
I usually make sure the side with the gold is facing
up to sparkle.

HMMMMM; let's play with these twigs.


I dropped the image into Illustrator and fiddled with
the colors, contrast and rotation four times.
Here's another variation:


And here's a pattern made from four....
and my hands are still clean!


And another looking like Tapa cloth:


Whee!






No comments:

Post a Comment