Sunday, January 10, 2010

A TILE TRANSFORMED

YESTERDAY I added a comment on a blog: we were discussing 'painter's block'. I made a few suggestions adding up to: JUST PAINT!


I had to do something constructive then before my workshift a t the Gallery. So I took a sheaf of scans I had made of an old Italian tile. It's not hand painted but handprinted and in a less than



beautiful blue .  The pink one on the pile of 16 shows most of the original pattern intact.

I glazed over the papers with experimental combinations of acrylic mixed with
flow medium. I took them with me to work and last night cut and tore them into reconfigured
8 or 9 inch collage squares. You can see the gloss of some of the paint glazes in this studio shot. Now I can paint more on these interesting collage backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment